Modern businesses are often in need of digital products and processes that make it easier to conduct normal operations in the most efficient way. While there’s no...
Imagine that you’ve spent many years and thousands of dollars building up the IT infrastructure of your small business. Lately, you’ve started to notice that your computer connections are lagging or moving slowly, and you’re increasingly worried about outside cybersecurity threats that your basic managed services provider (MSP) doesn’t cover.
What can you do to protect your organization from future harm? Remote monitoring may provide the peace of mind you need at a time when security threats are on the rise.
Keep reading to discover what remote monitoring is, how 24/7 monitoring offers an extra layer of IT protection, and how MicroTech Systems can help.
What is Remote Monitoring?
Remote IT monitoring is a comprehensive service that helps businesses monitor things like the computer network, server network, or physical IT infrastructure.
When remote monitoring management (RMM) is performed remotely, it simply means that the individuals overseeing the monitoring process are not physically on-site. To carry this out, remote monitoring consultants and service providers often install local agents or software onto a company’s network.
A secure connection enables monitoring to happen, even outside of traditional business hours. With remote monitoring, businesses can protect their crucial systems even during non-business hours. Because cyber threats never cease, IT protection shouldn’t either.
The Importance of Remote Monitoring in Your Business
Businesses that want to scale and grow must find ways to mitigate and control digital and cyber risks. Part of that process must involve a careful overview of the way that an IT system or network is being maintained.
Businesses that grow rapidly without honestly evaluating their monitoring capabilities could be making a huge mistake, especially when it comes to keeping their systems secure, competitive, and reputable.
There are many important reasons why remote monitoring is a good practice and wise choice for any type of business. These reasons include:
- Scalability – As businesses grow, they must be able to focus on the tasks and responsibilities that are essential for that growth to take place. Even if network security isn’t one of those direct growth-related activities, it’s still crucial to keep operations running.
- Constant threat response – Coordinate cybersecurity attacks and network issues can happen at any time of the day or night. Although businesses might not operate around the clock, it’s important to have a system in place for catching major issues as they happen in real-time. Remote monitoring offers peace of mind, even for businesses that don’t have full-time staff on standby.
- Proactive IT decision-making – If your business is always on alert, it’s easier to be proactive rather than reactive. When your remote monitoring provider identifies a potential red flag, you have more time and leeway to make the right call. This kind of strategy can help protect customer data, improve internal communication, and boost productivity for all parties.
Enterprise Cybersecurity Monitoring
For enterprise businesses, remote network monitoring may happen on an even greater scale. Enterprise security monitoring offers ways to identify and detect security threats before they have a chance to cripple a large-scale IT network.
In some scenarios, enterprise security monitoring may include tools and features such as:
- Vulnerability scanning – Takes place as part of a holistic threat detection and testing protocol in order to identify and patch vulnerabilities quickly
- Penetration testing – A way to simulate an attack on an enterprise IT system or network in order to gauge the effectiveness of a designated response
- Managed services – Coordinated services that help an organization run, monitor, fix and manage the IT framework more efficiently
How MicroTech Can Help Protect You 24/7
MicroTech has been serving small and mid-size companies with IT monitoring needs for over 50 years. Our experts know how valuable it is to enjoy peace of mind when it comes to protecting the technology you’ve spent years building and investing in.
MicroTech’s unique “never say die” approach means that there’s no network or IT-related issue that we can’t resolve or protect—and we'll do it all 24 hours a day, seven days a week to give you maximum coverage when it matters most.
Modern businesses need a foolproof plan for protecting critical data and IT systems, but it’s often difficult to maintain normal operations outside of traditional business hours. Fortunately, that’s where trusted remote monitoring service providers like MicroTech Systems come in.
Reach out to MicroTech Systems today to learn more about our proven and practical 24/7 remote monitoring services. We’ll help you find and fix any potential security gaps or network issues to keep them from becoming larger (and more costly) IT problems.